[Linux-cluster] GFS usage with MySQL

Benoit de Mulder bdemulder at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:12:51 UTC 2004

I would like to know if there are some users of this list using GFS
for mysql databases. I have some issues with the replication delay (I
need a sync time less than 3s between 4 DB servers)

I'm planning to use GFS (setup on multipath GNBD devices and Gigabit
network ) in order to share a database among multiples MySQL server.

MySQL will use external lock method with MyISAM tables and GFS will be
mounted with the noatime option.

I was planning to test two scenarios:
- multiple write servers, all gfs volume mounted RW
- one write and 3 servers with database mounted RO

Does someone get an experience with a similar setup and some feedback
about perfomances and reliability ?

Thanks

Benoit