[Linux-cluster] GFS usage with MySQL

Benoit de Mulder bdemulder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:25:07 UTC 2004

The issue I get with the mysql cluster is the size of my db and the
fact that the cluster is using today a in-memory storage.

I have around 10gigs of Data , so I need a cluster with 2.5 * 10 = 25
gigs of memory

As the customer is using  intel servers with 4 gigs of memory each,
that means I will have to setup at least 8 servers. As the customer
don't want to spend more money, this is not a solution.

I will test and will publish the result with GFS (on debian) within
the next two weeks..

Benoit