[Linux-cluster] GFS with ATA/IDE drives

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 15:28:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 06:28:16AM +0200, Gergely Tamas wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  > The most simple setup is to have one machine with a big pile of IDE disks
>  > export thost disks to an IP network with GNBD (or iSCSI).
>
> Does anyone know a reliable iSCSI (server side) software implementation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gergely

There are two that I've tried.

http://www.ardistech.com/iscsi/

and

http://sourceforge.net/projects/unh-iscsi/

both seem to work reasonably well.

The ArdisTech target is only for 2.4 but has a more reasonable UI

The UNH target works better, as far as I can tell, and works on 2.6,
but it was obviously designed to test the UNH iscsi initiator. The UI
leaves tons to be desired.

-Ben