[Linux-cluster] ccsd hanging after start on debian unstable

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Mon Jul 5 13:38:46 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 09:27:04PM +0200, Gabriel Wicke wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 11:07 +0100, Gareth Bult wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > ccsd starts a number of threads ..
> >
> > pick the one eating the CPU and "strace -p" it ..
>
> Thanks for this tip, i found some information that might be useful.
> There's only one thread created that doesn't show up in ps aux or top,
> but it's possible to connect to it by using strace -p  pid-of-parent+1.
> Output is heaps of lines like this, constantly looping/scrolling:
>
> socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_DGRAM, 3)     = -1 ENETDOWN (Network is down)
>
> So i suspected some weird Bluetooth/GFS interaction. Recompiled the
> kernel with Bluetooth support disabled, but same thing. ccs_test seems
> to work however, the results returned are correct. I've since double-
> checked cluster.xml a few times, that's very likely not the reason
> (posted it at http://dl.aulinx.de/gfs/cluster.xml).

The bluetooth thing is a red-herring. The cluster socket type clashes with
AF_BLUETOOTH and strace knows about the "real" one. we need to register the
AF_type properly.

CCS seems to poll for the cluster to be ready so it can enable updates - maybe
it's just doing that rather too enthusiatically :-)

patrick