[Linux-cluster] GNBD, how good it is ?

Daniel Phillips phillips at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 16:36:40 UTC 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 10:53, Gareth Bult wrote:
> I do appreciate all that, however there are some press releases out
> there that are not so clear ..

Which press releases?

> There is certainly an implication in the news items I've seen that
> this is "THE GFS" code .. as opposed to being a new and unstable
> version ..

It's very clear that the 2.6 release is out there so that hackers can
get to work on it, add to it, and go find bugs.  SRPMs for the stable
6.0 release are linked from the cluster page.  They build against RHEL3
kernels.

> .. Incidentally, I was being kind - I've had many kernel crashes,
> even after getting it going ..

On 2.6?  No surprise.  Please post any oopses to the list.

Regards,

Daniel