[Linux-cluster] Trying to get GNBD with GFS Working

Rory_Savage.consultant at peoplesoft.com Rory_Savage.consultant at peoplesoft.com
Mon Jul 26 19:13:35 UTC 2004

Please Help!

I have a two node cluster (hal-n1, and hal-n2).  I exported the /dev/hda4
filesystem from hal-n2

[root at hal-n2 cluster]# gnbd_export -c -v -e export1 -d /dev/hda4
gnbd_export: created GNBD export1 serving file /dev/hda4

log file:

Jul 26 14:22:35 hal-n2 gnbd_serv[3853]: gnbd device 'export1' serving
/dev/hda4 exported with 130897620 sectors

While trying to import the device on hal-n1, I am reciving the following
error:

[root at hal-n1 src]# gnbd_import -v -i hal-n2
gnbd_import: ERROR cannot get /sys/class/gnbd/gnbd0/name value : No such
file or directory

* My first reaction is, when did the "/sys" ever need to be in existance?
I examined all of the build options for GNBD and could not find a
prefrecnce location setting for anything related to "/sys".  And I know
this directory is not native to Red Hat (that I know of).

System Configuration and Parameters

Kernel 2.6.7 from source

Kernel Config Options:

CONFIG_MD=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD=m
CONFIG_MD_LINEAR=m
CONFIG_MD_RAID0=m
CONFIG_MD_RAID1=m
CONFIG_MD_RAID5=m
CONFIG_MD_RAID6=m
CONFIG_MD_MULTIPATH=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DM=m
CONFIG_DM_CRYPT=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_GNBD=m

CONFIG_CLUSTER=m
CONFIG_CLUSTER_DLM=m
CONFIG_CLUSTER_DLM_PROCLOCKS=y

CONFIG_LOCK_HARNESS=m
CONFIG_GFS_FS=m
CONFIG_LOCK_NOLOCK=m
CONFIG_LOCK_DLM=m
CONFIG_LOCK_GULM=m

# GFS and GNBD sources obtain via CVS

[root at hal-n1 src]# cat /proc/cluster/nodes
Node  Votes Exp Sts  Name
   1    1    1   M   hal-n1
   2    1    1   M   hal-n2

[root at hal-n1 src]# cat /proc/cluster/services

Service          Name                              GID LID State     Code
Fence Domain:    "default"                           1   2 join
S-6,20,1
[1]

DLM Lock Space:  "clvmd"                             2   3 run       -
[1 2]

[root at hal-n1 src]# cat /proc/cluster/status
Version: 2.0.1
Config version: 1
Cluster name: xcluster
Cluster ID: 28724
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 2
Expected_votes: 1
Total_votes: 2
Quorum: 1
Active subsystems: 3
Node addresses: 10.1.1.1

[root at hal-n2 cluster]# cat /proc/cluster/nodes
Node  Votes Exp Sts  Name
   1    1    1   M   hal-n1
   2    1    1   M   hal-n2

[root at hal-n2 cluster]# cat /proc/cluster/services

Service          Name                              GID LID State     Code
Fence Domain:    "default"                           0   2 join
S-1,80,2
[]

DLM Lock Space:  "clvmd"                             2   3 run       -
[1 2]

[root at hal-n2 cluster]# cat /proc/cluster/status
Version: 2.0.1
Config version: 1
Cluster name: xcluster
Cluster ID: 28724