[Linux-cluster] Compile problems with latest CVS

Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra mtilstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 16:56:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:07:36PM +0000, linux-cluster at spam.dragonhold.org wrote:
> I'm almost positive that I'm inept - since this is much more likely to be my fault than
> anything else, however I've gone through the process multiple times, and can't seem to see
> what I'm doing wrong.
>
> 1. Download & untar 2.6.9 kernel
> 2. login to cvs & checkout the cluster stuff
> 3. for i in ../cluster/*kernel/patches/2.6.9/*patch; do patch -p1 <$i; done
>    Which means

you don't need to use the patches unless you want to try compiling
static instead of modules.  You are a lot better off compiling the
modules from the *-kernel directories. (configure --kernel_src=...;make)

I cannot speak for the cman patch, but I know I've been a bit lazy
keeping the gulm patch uptodate with the code in the gfs-kernel/src/gulm
(others might have been better.)

So try building the module that way.  If you still really want to use a
kernel patch, peek inside the makefile.  There are rules for making the
patch if you put the kernel source in the right place.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
COBOL is the anti-code