[Linux-cluster] GFS strange behavior and mount hang on 2.6.9 - 3 nodes

Daniel McNeil daniel at osdl.org
Thu Nov 11 00:41:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 08:02, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:15:16PM +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> >

> > > The "got connection" messages after the umount look strange.
> > > What do those messages mean?
> >
> > They mean that a connection was made to the node that has just dismounted the
> > filesystem. This is wrong and alomst certainly the cause of what happened below.
> > I'm looking into it at the moment.
> >

> Ok, should be fixed in latest CVS. As is a better fix for the "sleep in
> spinlock" bug.

I upgraded to the latest cvs and the might_sleep() is gone.

FYI, I upgraded one node at a time.  cman was ok with
mixing with the last version, but the gfs mount would
hang.  Is this expected because of the dlm change?

With all nodes on the latest bits, everything seems ok.
I do more testing and yell if I hit anything.

Thanks,

Daniel