[Linux-cluster] Old 2.4, non-nptl kernel support

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Nov 15 17:48:19 UTC 2004

This is probably a silly question, but I've got the CVS version of GFS
running on an FC3 system with a JetStor dual-host SCSI RAID array.  It
runs very nicely, indeed.

However, I do have an application where the vendor has not yet rebuilt
on a POSIX-thread compliant kernel--much less 2.6.9.  I can probably
induce them to have a run at it, but they are in the throes of a release
of a different product and can't spend a lot of time on it at this
exact moment.

I was wondering, is there code buried in the archives somewhere that
would work with a 2.4, non-nptl kernel such as one would find on RH9?
Tarballs would be fine, I'm not afraid of building stuff in the least.
-     I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!       -