[Linux-cluster] mount is hanging

Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra mtilstra at redhat.com
Fri Oct 1 15:18:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 04:01:44PM -0700, micah nerren wrote:
> Also, is there a way to migrate a master lock server to a slave lock
> server? In other words, can I force the master to become a slave and a
> slave to become the new master?

The most concrete way is to stop the master server, let a slave become
Arbitrating (or master if you have other slaves running), then restart
the the old master server. Which should come up as a slave node now.

There is a switchPending command to gulm_tool as well, but this usually
doesn't give enough time, so the master will switch to pending, and then
everyone will figure out who should be master, and it ends up exactly
where ti was before.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
There are no stupid people; only poorly coded NPCs.