[Linux-cluster] GFS on 2.6.8.1

Cahill, Ben M ben.m.cahill at intel.com
Tue Oct 5 15:49:09 UTC 2004

FYI, I did some experiments with OpenGFS almost a year ago, using a
similar tar/rm exercise ... I removed the journaling (retained locking),
and that improved performance significantly, especially in the case of
the rm!

I never got to the bottom of why journaling would be such a bottleneck
... Maybe Ken has some insight.

-- Ben --

Opinions are mine, not Intel's