[Linux-cluster] iSCSI fence agent?

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 03:33:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 11:08:19AM +0800, Chung Hsien Hu wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to setup a storage environment with GFS and iSCSI.
> By using the open community projects of iSCSI initiator and target
> sides, I could
> access the remote disk via iSCSI without too much problem.
> But which fence agent should I indicate for GFS in the /etc/cluster.conf?

It might be nice for someone to write a fencing agent that would talk to
the iscsi target software.  Until then you can use network power switches
or manual fencing to experiment.

> I got these error on my log.
>
> lock_dlm: init_fence error -1
> GFS: can't mount proto = lock_dlm, table = innocluster:iscsi45, hostdata =

This is because the fence daemon (fenced) is either not running or has not
started up correctly (maybe it can't connect to ccsd).  You can diagnose
fenced problems by using the debug flag: "fenced -D".

--
Dave Teigland  <teigland at redhat.com>