[Linux-cluster] gfs on 2.6.8.1 -- tar hung

Daniel McNeil daniel at osdl.org
Fri Oct 15 23:21:43 UTC 2004

Hey all,

I am testing gfs on 2.6.8.1.  I have 3 machines connected
to shared fibre channel storage.  Currently I have 2 nodes
in the cluster and gfs on a 5 disk stripe mounted on 2 nodes.

I was running 'tar xvf /views/linux-2.6.8.1' on each
each node in separate directories of the same gfs file system.

1 tar finished, but the other is stuck.

cat /proc/6601/wchan shows glock_wait_internal

Is there anyway to pull off more info that might be useful
in debugging this?

Thanks,

Daniel

PS I have some more simple performance numbers I post in
    a separate email.  This is my first problem serious
    problem with gfs.