[Linux-cluster] Re: libcman initial impressions.

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 07:09:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 03:26:37PM -0400, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Couple of things:
>
> There's no interface to the service manager.  Is that intentional?

Yes, for two reasons. 1) I don't know the service manager interface! and 2)
there is talk of splitting it out of cman into its own module.

If it seems appropriate, it could be added though. The code is as much an RFC as
a hardened API at the moment.

> In cman_get_node_count(), you use GETMEMBERS - that's good, from there,
> a user could allocate a buffer to call cman_get_nodes -- except, in
> cman_get_nodes() you use GETALLMEMBERS -- which returns all nodes, past
> and previous (IIRC).
>
> This means, that if a node ever leaves the cluster, you can't use
> cman_get_node_count() to figure out the size of the buffer needed to get
> a current member list from cman_get_nodes()...

Good point, that's just a typo.

Thanks,
--

patrick