[Linux-cluster] Problem with cluster nodes communication

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 07:14:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 06:09:46PM +0200, Arnaud Gauthier wrote:
> Le jeudi, 28 Octobre 2004 17.58, Jonathan E Brassow a écrit :
> > You may wish to 'cat /proc/cluster/nodes'.  If there is more than one
> > entry (after running cman_tool join and waiting for the initial cluster
> > to form), then your nodes are definitely seeing each other...
>
> Yes, and they don't :-((
>
> Each computer is building a single node with its hostname only on the cluster.
> It fails that way from the beginning with kernel 2.6.9. Had no problem before
> with a CVS image on 2.6.7 & RH7.3. My only problem id that I can't mount more
> than 3 nodes on the 2.6.7 "version".

You can see which network addresses (and therefor interfaces) are actually being
used by cman by looking in /proc/cluster/status - the last line shows the IP
address. Check that the address shown for the two nodes are actually on the same
network.

You could also use "tcpdump port 6809" to confirm that the heartbeat messages
are being sent on the expected interface
--

patrick