[Linux-cluster] Dell PowerVault 210 Cluster

Anthony Caravello tony at rootseven.com
Thu Sep 30 10:07:52 UTC 2004

Hello,
I've configured two PowerEdge 2450's each with a Perc 2/DC connected to
a PowerVault 210s via a pair of SEMM's.  Updated PERC firmware to
provide Cluster support and enabled this on both, adjusting the
initiator id on one so they are not the same.  Configured array and
installed Red Hat Fedora Core 2 on both machines, and mounted the
external array as an ext3 filesystem successfully on each.

Both machines can mount and write to the external array, but neither can
see the others files.  I guess this makes sense as each machine has it's
own inode table for the filesystem.  Probably safe to assume writes will
soon lead to corruption of each others files.

Is such a cluster possible under linux?  Do I need to use GFS or another
filesystem to handle this configuration, or is there another way to
syncronize these systems?

Thank You