[Linux-cluster] DB Clustering Question

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 14:39:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:19:48AM -0400, Matt wrote:
> What I really want to do is parallel processing with mySQL or
> Postgresql.  If I can't do that, then simply having multiple SQL servers
> share the same DB files is the next option.  Can anyone push me in the
> right direction?
>
> One last question, does anyone have any experience with the Ingres
> database and its clustering features?

I believe Ingres is the only cluster database that's open source.  When I
looked a few months ago there was some work needed to hook it into our
cluster/lock managers, but that didn't look too bad as they were already
able to switch between different clustering/locking infrastrutures.

--
Dave Teigland  <teigland at redhat.com>