[Linux-cluster] What versions of the linux, cluster, dm and lvm2 tend to work well togther???

CAugustine at overlandstorage.com CAugustine at overlandstorage.com
Thu Apr 21 18:59:15 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,

I am running with the 2.6.10-1.770_FC3CRAW.root linux kernel,
which I built it to support raw devices.

I downloaded the CVS sources for RHEL4 branch of the cluster
and the LVM2, and the device-mapper sources are from the HEAD
of the CVS tree. I built and installed them on both of my linux systems.

After rebooting:

The ccsd command is executed successfully on both nodes.
The "cman_tool join" command executed on both nodes eventually
shows the msg:          Cluster is quorate.  Allowing connections.

However, looking at the /proc/cluster/nodes files on both systems,
I see the following:

        Node  Votes Exp Sts  Name
        1    1    1   M   ovn01

        Node  Votes Exp Sts  Name
        2    1    1   M   ovn02

Why on ovn02 node, Node=2 and on ovn01 Node=1?
Has each node created a cluster on its own? Some sort of brain split???

Then, I ran "fence_tool join" successfully on both systems.
However, the "clvmd" cmd gave me the following messages on
both systems:

         Apr 20 10:06:09 localhost clvmd: Unable to create lockspace for
                                             CLVM: Inappropriate ioctl for
device
         Apr 20 10:06:10 localhost clvmd: Cannot login in to CCSD server

With the above kernel, what versions of the cluster, dm and LVM2
are more likely to work well? Can anyone point me to ok versions of
linux, dm, cluster and LVM2 rpms/srpms that work well together???

Any comments from you are greatly appreciated....

Thanks,
Caroline

See our award-winning line of tape and disk-based
backup & recovery solutions at http://www.overlandstorage.com