[Linux-cluster] Re: Linux-cluster Digest, Vol 12, Issue 17

CAugustine at overlandstorage.com CAugustine at overlandstorage.com
Thu Apr 21 20:29:40 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,

I have compiled and installed the CVS RHEL4 branch of cluster
and the CVS HEAD sources for dm and lvm2 with my FC3 2.6.9-1.667
linux kernel. All seems to be working ok (i.e. ccsd; cman_tool join;
fence_tool join)
until I run "clvmd" which errors out with the following messages:

        clvmd could not connect to cluster manager
        Consult syslog for more information

Looking at /var/log/messages I see the messages:

        Apr 20 11:42:45 ovn02 clvmd: Cannot login in to CCSD server
        Apr 20 11:48:50 ovn02 clvmd: Unable to create lockspace for CLVM:
Inappropriate ioctl for device

Running clvmd with strace (i.e. strace -o xx -ff clvmd -d) I see the
following calls:

        open("/dev/misc/dlm_control, O_RDWR) return 5
        ioctl(5, 0x400044401, 0x8084b84) return -1 with errno=ENOTTY

I cannot figure out what the above ioctl command is and why it is
rejected.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Caroline

See our award-winning line of tape and disk-based
backup & recovery solutions at http://www.overlandstorage.com