[Linux-cluster] gnbd question

djani22 at dynamicweb.hu djani22 at dynamicweb.hu
Tue Aug 2 16:16:15 UTC 2005

Hi all,

 I want to know is there a way to speed up gnbd-server?

I have a "big" (~8TB) free web store based on (g)nbd.

(4 server + 1 client)

When I try to read linear the one big device, it can generate 380-400 Mb/s
transfers on Gig-Eth.
But when I start the web serving from it, the result is only 80-90Mb/s , and
the client's load goes up to 100-150!

This is the best performance what I can set up and the settings are these:

Scheduler: deadline
nr_requests: 255
read_ahead_kb: 0

iosched:
front_merges: 0
read_expire: 50

The all server's load is always  ~1.00 (0.95-1.14).

Is there a way to stress more the servers?
(And with small modification the code?)

GNBD 1.0.0
no cluster, fs: xfs

I try the nbd, enbd, anbd, and gnbd, but the gnbd's stability is the best!
;-)
The another nbds always generate a deadlock for me...

(Sorry for my english)

Thanks

Janos Haar
(Hungary)