[Linux-cluster] Fencing agents

Adam Manthei amanthei at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 16:59:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:00:47AM +0000, "Sævaldur Arnar Gunnarsson [Hugsmiðjan]" wrote:
> Well .. when I manually run the fence_drac.pl perl script and supply it
> with the ip of the DRAC (-a 192.168.100.173) login name (-l root)
> DRAC/MC module name (-m Server-1) and the password (-p dummypassword)
> the machine in question (Server-1) powers down and doesn't power back on.

Interesting... :(

> How do I implement this in cluster.xml (specify the ip/login/pass/module
> name)

Typically, the parameters are suppose to be in the manpage for the agent.
If they are not, then it should be considered a bug.  I think this will work
for, but I've not tested the bellow config, so it might not be error free :)

   <fencedevices>
      <fencedevice name="dracula"
         agent="fence_drac"
         login="root"
         passwd="dummypassword"
         ipaddr="192.168.100.173"
         action="reboot" />
   </fencedevices>

   <clusternodes>
      <clusternode name="servername">
         <method name="1">
            <device name="dracula" module="Server-1"/>
         </method>
      </clusternode>
   </clusternodes>

>and shouldn't it power back up afterwards ?

The default action is suppose to be "reboot" as in the machine should come
back online.  I don't know why it isn't.  If you continue to have problems,
try enabling the debugging output from the command line:

fence_drac -a 192.168.100.173 -l root -p dummypassword -m Server-1 \
	-D /tmp/drac.log -v

Keep us posted.
-Adam

Adam Manthei  <amanthei at redhat.com>