[Linux-cluster] Any update for this document?

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 09:00:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:34:05PM +0800, Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a good document that introduces GFS implementation which is
> release in the middle of last year, however, many APIs has been
> changed since that. To have a good understanding of GFS, I'd like to
> get the latest version of it for your latest release, could you point
> to me the link?
>
> ps: the doc name is "Symmetric Cluster Architecture and Component
> Technical Specifications"

In general terms, this document describes pretty well the code that's in
the RHEL4 branch.  It doesn't talk much about GFS, it's mostly about the
cluster infrastructure.  As you've said, the specific api's and code
examples are very outdated -- there's no recent version.

If you're interested in the current development of the cluster
infrastructure (where most things run in user space), then that document
is useless I'm afraid.

Dave