[Linux-cluster] Clustered LDAP, good or bad idea?

Ryan Thomson thomsonr at ucalgary.ca
Tue Aug 9 16:17:46 UTC 2005

Indeed, that is what I meant. I'm looking at running OpenLDAP as a
failover cluster service.

I understand what was meant about db failures and how GFS won't help
with that. Our LDAP directory is fairly simple and updates/changes are
made very infrequently. I've never experienced a db failure but I won't
discount that as a possible issue (that's what I have backups for. TSM,
I love you).

I'll take my chances and run it the way I'd planned with some failover
testing before I go production.

--
Ryan