[Linux-cluster] Which APC fence device ?

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Wed Aug 10 14:43:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 10:20 -0400, Greg Forte wrote:
> There was a message on this list in January to the effect of "does APC
> 7900 work with fence_apc?" / "I think so ...".
>
> Has anyone confirmed this?

I'm using them in my cluster, they work well with the fence_apc agent.

The only caveat is that the agent won't work if you use outlet groups
for cluster nodes, without a few changes to the agent.  I can give you
my modified version if you want to use outlet groups for cluster nodes.
(A patch will be coming that will work with both port group and non-port
group modes, but I haven't had a chance to write it up yet.)

Thanks,
Eric