[Linux-cluster] usedev directive not working correctly?

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Thu Aug 25 19:53:59 UTC 2005

It's been a while since I lst dealt with this issue. Shortly after I posted
this problem I was put on another issue... Alas, here I am again....

I've rebuilt the cluster from the ground up in a clean state. RHEL2 update 4,
with GFS 6.0.2-25 re-compiled for these machines.

Here are my configs....

#/etc/hosts
10.0.0.1	clua
10.0.0.2	club
10.0.0.3	cluc
192.168.0.1 clua-ic
192.168.0.2 club-ic
192.168.0.3 cluc-ic

cluster {
	name = "cluster"
	lock_gulm {
			servers = ["clua", "club", "cluc"]
	}
}

nodes {
	clua {
		ip_interfaces {
			eth1 = "192.168.0.1"
		}
		usedev="eth1"
		fence {
			iLO {
				clua-ilo {
					action="reboot"
				}
			}
		}
	}

	club {
		ip_interfaces {
			eth1 = "192.168.0.2"
		}
		usedev="eth1"
		fence {
			iLO {
				club-ilo {
					action="reboot"
				}
			}
		}
	}

	cluc {
		ip_interfaces {
			eth1 = "192.168.0.3"
		}
		usedev="eth1"
		fence {
			iLO {
				cluc-ilo {
					action="reboot"
				}
			}
		}
	}

}

fence_devices {
	clua-ilo {
		agent="fence_ilo"
		hostname = "10.0.0.10"
		login = "xxxxx"
		passwd = "yyyyyy"
	}
	club-ilo {
		agent="fence_ilo"
		hostname = "10.0.0.11"
		login = "xxxxx"
		passwd = "yyyyyy"
	}
	cluc-ilo {
		agent="fence_ilo"
		hostname = "10.0.0.12"
		login = "xxxxx"
		passwd = "yyyyyy"
	}

}

when I run lock_gulmd -C against this config (after doing a ccs_tool create)
I get the following output

cluster {
	name="cluster"
	lock_gulm {
		heartbeat_rate = 15.000
		allowed_misses = 2
		coreport = 40040
		new_connection_timeout = 15.000
		# server cnt: 3
		# servers = ["clua", "club", "cluc"]
		servers = ["10.0.0.1", "10.0.0.2", "10.0.0.3"]
		lt_partitions = 1
		lt_base_port = 41040
		lt_high_locks = 1048576
		lt_drop_req_rate = 10
		prealloc_locks = 90000
		prealloc_holders = 130000
		prealloc_lkrqs = 60
		ltpx_port = 40042
	}
}

So, the question is, what am I doing blatently wrong? The docs seem fairly
simple
but this is just not working for me...

Any suggestions would be appreciated and acted upon much quicker this time.

Thanks

Corey