[Linux-cluster] Nodename problem in GFS based on iSCSI

Matthew B. Brookover mbrookov at mines.edu
Tue Aug 30 13:55:09 UTC 2005

Check you /etc/hosts, make sure that the host name is not on the same
line with localhost.  This works for me:

127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain localhost
1.2.3.4      mycomputer.example.com mycomputer

I also have set the fully qualified hostname in /etc/sysconfig/network
and in the nodes.css file.

Best I can tell, if your host name is on the localhost line, lock_gulmd
tries to use the loop back device instead of the Ethernet device.

Matt