[Linux-cluster] two fencing problems

Greg Forte gforte at leopard.us.udel.edu
Tue Dec 6 00:40:16 UTC 2005

two (probably related) questions concerning fencing and APC AP7900 units:

1) fence_apc doesn't appear to be compatible with these units - when I run:

it comes back with:

failed: unrecognised menu response

The output file shows that it's getting as far as the "Outlet
Control/Configuration" menu, but never selects the specified port.

This is on RHEL ES4 update 2 with fence-1.32.6-0 installed.

Does anyone have this working with AP7900s, and if so did you have to
hack the fence_apc script or is there just something I'm missing?

  2) in the cluster configuration tool (GUI), there's no place to
specify the port to cycle for an "APC Power Device".  I tried adding
"port=#" to the <fencedevice ...> tags in the cluster.conf file, but the
cluster configuration tool didn't like that.  And of course, I was
unable to test if this actually works anyway because of problem #1 :-(

Anyway, assuming I get fence_apc to work, how do I specify ports in the
cluster configuration tool?  or is this not supported?  In which case
can I add the port option in the cluster.conf like I'm trying to do and
have it work?  I have system-config-cluster-1.0.16-1.0 installed.

-g

Greg Forte
gforte at udel.edu
IT - User Services