[Linux-cluster] dlm caused a kernel panic

Jeff Dinisco jeff at jettis.com
Wed Dec 14 15:43:40 UTC 2005

Is the slow output from df expected?  Does it just take considerable
time to read a gfs superblock?  In my scenario, is it likely that heavy
lock load was caused by the combination df and a umount at the same
time?  Were the gfs recover events in the log prior to the kernel panic
normal, or is it possible that I attempted the umount too quickly after
mounting?  Would r/o mounts decrease lock load and the likelihood of
this occurring again?

Thanks for the help.  I was just about to move this into production and
now I'm a little apprehensive.  I just want make sure I'm taking the
necessary precautions.