[Linux-cluster] stuck processes on GFS partition?

Andrew C. Dingman adingman at cookgroup.com
Thu Dec 15 21:24:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 14:51 -0700, Matt Brookover wrote:
> This looks like a similar problem to the one described in bugzilla
> 160409.  It does not look like there ever was a solution.

It does look similar, and there was no solution. We were never able to
re-produce the problem by any method other than putting it into
production. I think the theory we ended up with was that there was some
sort of lock contention problem, possibly having to do with the network
here. It was just a theory, though. We never managed to prove anything.

Do you know what you did to trigger it? I assume something other than
300 people running jBase applications?

--
Andrew C. Dingman
Unix Administrator