[Linux-cluster] bonding question?

Omer Faruk Sen omer at faruk.net
Sun Dec 18 11:20:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

Is bonding can be used only for performance improvements or can it be also
used for path availability along with redundant switch (2 switches)
configuration for iSCSI ?

Also in a paper of netapp (http://www.netapp.com/library/tr/3192.pdf)
iSCSI configuration is shown as 2 connection for one switch (in NAS ISLAND
Linux Cluster) but in SAN ISLAND (fiber connection and switches) 1
connection is being made for one switch which provides path availability.
What I want to ask is how path availability without SPOF can be provided
with iSCSI solutions? Can I achive it with 2 ethernet card that works with
bonding and each of them is connected to one switch (2 switches is
configured in cluster)? I think for that I have to use multipath
(http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/wiki/wakka.php?wiki=Home) software for
that. Am I right?

--
Omer Faruk Sen