[Linux-cluster] two fencing problems

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Tue Dec 20 19:36:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 14:22 -0500, Greg Forte wrote:
> On a slightly related note, system-config-cluster strikes again - I
> started it to monitor the cluster services, and it appears to have
> clobbered my "illegal" fence sections that it didn't like.  How would
> one go about controlling (restarting, disabling) cluster services
> without the gui?  I know cman_tool allows you to check the status, but
> it doesn't seem to have any options for service control.  Thanks.

"clustat" will show the current status of each service
"clusvcadm" allows you to enable, disable, relocate, restart, etc.

Keep in mind, that a stopped service can restart if a cluster event
occurs (such a node joining).  If you want to keep a service from
starting, you need to use disable on it.

--
Eric Kerin
eric at bootseg.com