[Linux-cluster] Quorum question

Graham Wood gwood at dragonhold.org
Tue Dec 20 20:54:32 UTC 2005

> Can I just drop the "two_node" definition for a 3-node cluster to force
> it to keep running with only one node?
If you're looking at GFS, then this arrangement is almost definitely going
to fry the data in the partition - which will take the system down for you
permanently.

Imagine that the 3 nodes lose communication (but all three are still
running) - they're all going to reply the logs from the other two, and
then start writing to the shared filesystem as if they were the only ones
in the cluster.

Which will corrupt the GFS very quickly.