[Linux-cluster] How to update cluster.conf
Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Tue Dec 20 21:20:50 UTC 2005
I ran into this problem previously and figured it out. Now I'm hitting
it again and can't seem to do it this time.
I want to update the cluster.conf file for my cluster (to add a node).
According to one document:
To update the config file in a running cluster:
1. have all nodes running as cluster members using the original
2. on one node, update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf, incrementing
3. on this same node run "killall -HUP ccsd"
4. verify that the new cluster.conf exists on all nodes
5. on this same node run "cman_tool -r <new config_version>"
6. check 'cman_tool status' to verify the new config version
I have tried that, but the cluster.conf file did not get copied over.
Do I have to manually copy the cluster.conf file to each node?
Can someone give me the proper steps to make this work?
More information about the Linux-cluster