[Linux-cluster] How to update cluster.conf

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Tue Dec 20 21:20:50 UTC 2005

I ran into this problem previously and figured it out.  Now I'm hitting
it again and can't seem to do it this time.

I want to update the cluster.conf file for my cluster (to add a node).

According to one document:

    To update the config file in a running cluster:

    1. have all nodes running as cluster members using the original
       cluster.conf
    2. on one node, update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf, incrementing
       config_version
    3. on this same node run "killall -HUP ccsd"
    4. verify that the new cluster.conf exists on all nodes
    5. on this same node run "cman_tool -r <new config_version>"
    6. check 'cman_tool status' to verify the new config version

I have tried that, but the cluster.conf file did not get copied over.
Do I have to manually copy the cluster.conf file to each node?

Can someone give me the proper steps to make this work?

Thanks

--
Bowie