[Linux-cluster] cmirror status

Sylvain Coutant sco at adviseo.fr
Wed Dec 21 22:25:08 UTC 2005

> cmirror won't be production ready until it gets some more testing.

I'm ready to test. Apart from testing needs, is there some known bugs? The CVS activity is quite small during last months.
Is this part of the project dead or been left apart ?
Will it have active support and dev in the future ?

> > Also I didn't found useful docs on how to make use of it ... The README
> could have a more lines to better explain how to interact with device
> mapper.
>
> Yeah, sorry 'bout that.  New LVM packages are needed that support
> mirroring.

Are they available somewhere ?

> LVM will "do the right thing" when it encounters volume
> groups that are clustered vs non-clustered, and you should be able to
> switch between the two w/o having to re-sync your volume.

I don't think I'll try that switch too much ;-) In fact, my target setup is a little bit complex and I won't play too much with those things.

> If you'd like to use [cluster] mirroring

I could give it a try using some test servers.

> before LVM is ready,

You mean once LVM will be ready, the cluster mirroring will be integrated and somewhat "transparent" ? We will just setup a lv with several copies, that's right ?

> I'll give
> you the table arguments.

Just explain them a little bit more (ie why the "2" after the cluster keyword ?) please. And this log file thing (local/shared, size, ...)

>   Note that LVM has a big part in how recovery
> happens.

Btw, how does it happens ? What about error detection ?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

--
Sylvain COUTANT