[Linux-cluster] Re: any special requirement on scsi device?

AJ Lewis alewis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 4 21:32:26 UTC 2005

From: Ming Zhang <mingz at ele.uri.edu>
Subject: [Iscsitarget-devel] [Fwd: Re: [Linux-cluster] [Fwd: any special requirement on scsi device?]]
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:19:02 -0500

> This is what I got from linux-cluster list.
>
> We need to have the persistent reserve support in order to support GFS.

Ming,

Persistant reservations *can* be used for fencing with GFS, but it is
not *required* for use with GFS.  AFAIK, there are no SCSI specific
commands that GFS requires at this time.

Regards,
-
AJ Lewis                                   Voice:  612-638-0500
Red Hat Inc.                               E-Mail: alewis at redhat.com
720 Washington Ave. SE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Current GPG fingerprint = D9F8 EDCE 4242 855F A03D  9B63 F50C 54A8 578C 8715
Grab the key at: http://people.redhat.com/alewis/gpg.html or one of the
many keyservers out there...