[Linux-cluster] Re: any special requirement on scsi device?

AJ Lewis alewis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 4 21:55:43 UTC 2005

From: Ming Zhang <mingz at ele.uri.edu>
Subject: Re: any special requirement on scsi device?
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:41:42 -0500

> hehe. confused.
>
> so this is optional, but not mandatory. but how gfs decide whether to
> use it?

There are cluster configuration file(s) that the cluster
infrastructure on uses to handle this.  GFS itself (the filesystem)
relies on the cluster infrastructure to handle things like fencing.

> seems u are on this list as well. so do u have experience on iet+gfs?

I've not used iet yet, but I have run GFS on iSCSI with hardware iSCSI targets and the linux-iscsi initiator from sourceforge.

Regards,
--
AJ Lewis                                   Voice:  612-638-0500
Red Hat Inc.                               E-Mail: alewis at redhat.com
720 Washington Ave. SE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Current GPG fingerprint = D9F8 EDCE 4242 855F A03D  9B63 F50C 54A8 578C 8715
Grab the key at: http://people.redhat.com/alewis/gpg.html or one of the
many keyservers out there...