[Linux-cluster] Re: cluster/fence/fence_tool fence_tool.c

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 17:01:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 05:47:14PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 03:54:41AM -0000, teigland at sourceware.org wrote:
> > Log message:
> > 	Add option to fence_tool to wait for the node to complete its join and
> > 	be a member of the fence domain.  Two options:
> > 	fence_tool join -w
> > 	fence_tool join; fence_tool wait
>
> I think it may be better to implement the -w argument in fenced. It just
> need to fork after the kernel reports the successfull join not before.
>
> This will also remove one dependency to the not machine readable output
> of procfs.

No, the join (the ioctl performed by fenced) is asynchronous.  The only
way to really tell that it's complete is to monitor the proc file.

(I know this may not be very nice, but it's not going to change in this
generation of the code.  If you don't want to use proc, don't use -w.)

--
Dave Teigland  <teigland at redhat.com>