[Linux-cluster] system-config-cluster not working

Uli.Schroeder at ing.boehringer-ingelheim.com Uli.Schroeder at ing.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Tue Feb 22 10:00:57 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

we are curently evaluating RHEL 4 and wanted to test the new cluster
capabilities. We installed the alpha RPMs as of 2005-02-28. Unfortunately
the package system-config-cluster doesn't seem to work with the official
RHEL4 system-config-lvm.

In the beginning it failed to start due to Python files (i.e.
CommandHandler) that belong to system-config-lvm. I included the necessary
path to the Python search path. At least the cluster manager started after
that. But now I get the error message "AttributeError: CommandHandler
instance has no attribute 'isClusterMember'". Is there a new package for LVM
configuration or for cluster configuration that resolves that problem?

I couldn't find a roadmap for a cluster suite compatible with RHEL4. Anyone
knows of the planned date for the official release?

Best regards,
Uli