[Linux-cluster] Configuring rgmanager

Ion Alberdi ialberdi at histor.fr
Thu Feb 24 13:00:01 UTC 2005

Lon Hohberger wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 13:03 +0100, Ion Alberdi wrote:
>

>>Hello.
>>
>>I would like to know first if someone has sucessfully used rgmanager in
>>this ML.
>>If so, how did you configure your cluster.conf, by hand or did you use a
>>tool?
>>I searched over the archives and I only saw Jiho Hahm posting (twice)
>>(16.02.2005) a question about rgmanager, and nobody answered.
>>

>I have configured it successfully, by hand.
>
>Right now, there's a bug I'm working on which prevents it from working
>properly in some configurations (namely: CMAN >2 nodes).  I should have
>a permanent fix tomorrow or the day after.

Ok, because what I'm trying doesn't work:
I have three nodes debian, gump,buba.
debian exports devices to gump and buba over gnbd, and finally the three
nodes have the same /dev/vg1/lv1 thanks to clvmd.
I created a script which mounts this gfs logical volume on /mnt/gfs and
appends the name of the node in nodes_name.txt. (and stops writting and
unmounting to stop), and I put this script as a resource.
I launch rgmanager and with clusvcadm I  start, stop realocate the
resource, this works very well!
But when I unplug the ethernet cable of the node running the resource,
the resource  isn't relocated  to
 another node, I suppose that's what you mean by it doesnt work with
CMAN>2nodes.

If you need another tester to test your fixes here am I :)