[Linux-cluster] cman bad generation number

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Jan 7 10:46:31 UTC 2005

OK, some more investigation seems to be pointing to the heartbeat thread being
not woken up when it's timer tells it to.

This might be simply that there are other higher-priority tasks happening on the
system because of the IO load.

Now I've upgraded my cluster to 2.6.10, iSCSI seems to be more stable (same
iSCSI software interestingly) so I've set the heartbeat nice level to -20 (same
as the iSCSI process) and I'll see if it survives the weekend. It's done
overnight so far which is better than I've had yet 8)

--

patrick