[Linux-cluster] gfs probelm

Adam Manthei amanthei at redhat.com
Tue Jan 18 22:36:58 UTC 2005

Hi...

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 03:15:26PM +0200, Yazan Al-Sheyyab wrote:

> HI,
>
>   I configure the gfs , and i mount the partitioned as gfs as mentioned in
> the document, but when make a reboot, the system halted and stay ask
> continuously :  lock_glumd is it running.
>
>  i didnt put the mounted gfs partitions in the /etc/fstab.  ( is that true
> ?)
>
> i made a shell and i put in it the following :
>   service ccsd stop
>   service lock_gulmd stop

Why make a shell script if the initscripts are installed on the system?
The easiest way to get GFS start on boot is to make sure that all 4
subsystems for GFS are started.  They also need to be started in the correct
order:

1. service pool start
2. service ccsd start
3. service lock_gulmd start
4. service gfs start

To enable them automatically on the system, use chkconfig to turn them on:

chkconfig pool --add
chkconfig ccsd --add
chkconfig lock_gulmd --add
chkconfig gfs --add

>   and i execut it before i make a reboot, and when i loged again to the
> system the two services are running by the system, that is ok , i know it is
> not a solution , BUT in the second reboot i found that the system gives the
> same continuous error question ( lock_gulmd is it running? ).

you probably aren't running the lock_gulmd server.

> how can i solve this ?
> can i put the partitions in the /etc/fstab ?

You can put GFS in /etc/fstab provided that lock_gulmd is running.  If you
don't want the system to automatically start them, simply add "noauto" to
the parameters list in /etc/fstab.

You might also run into problems with /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and
/etc/rc.d/init.d/netfs trying to mount gfs.  If so, add gfs to the
exclusion list so that is looks like the following:

[root at node root]# grep gfs /etc/rc.d/init.d/netfs
        action $"Mounting other filesystems: " mount -a -t
nonfs,smbfs,ncpfs,gfs

[root at node root]# grep gfs /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
action $"Mounting local filesystems: " mount -a -t nonfs,smbfs,ncpfs,gfs -O
no_netdev

> OR WHAT ?????.

I notice other on the list commenting on /etc/sysconfig/gfs.  This file is
not typically needed, but can be used to help limit what is autodetected on
your system on startup.

POOLS specifies the pools to try to load.  If this parameter is blank, it
      the system will try to load all the pools that it can find

CCS_ARCHIVE specifies the ccs archive to use on the system.  If left blank,
      the system will try to load ccs for an archive it find on a pool.  If
      it doesn't find one, or finds more than one, it will error out if this
      value is not set.

--
Adam Manthei  <amanthei at redhat.com>