[Linux-cluster] cluster failed after 53 hours

Marcelo Matus mmatus at dinha.acms.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 21 23:54:42 UTC 2005

We also have some crashes when writting very large files, 5GB or so,
and it seems the problem occurs when we hit the GFS cache limit, where
the machine memory is 4GB (Dual Opteron).

Is there a way to tune the GFS cache to use less memory, let say a maximum
512MB, so we can debug the problem better?

And it is either the remote GFS cache or GNBD, since we can write 8GB or
larger
files when GFS is mounted locally, ie, when we do the tests in the same
machine
that exports the GFS device, via GNBD, to the rest of the nodes.

Marcelo