[Linux-cluster] Fencing Problems

Rich Edelman REdelman at netstandard.com
Tue Jul 5 13:44:32 UTC 2005

Ah, yes, I did set the two-node option to cman in
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf.

Perhaps some documentation should be updated... But would it not be
better to have some kind of timeout value on the nodes when trying to
fence the others? Seems to me that in a two-node scenario, if one node
is repeatedly trying to fence the other, and after say 10 tries it
can't, it should just give up and assume it is the problem node. Then,
hopefully, everything else would go quite well when that node came back.

Rich