[Linux-cluster] Network problems

Jon Scottorn jscottorn at possibilityforge.com
Tue Jul 5 22:35:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

   How does a node rejoin the cluster if network connectivity is lost?

I have 3 nodes that are in the cluster.  I have unplugged the network
connection from one of the nodes, for testing purposes, the cluster sees
the node disappear, when I plug the network connection back in it does
not rejoin the cluster.  I looks as though it forms it's own cluster.  ie...

cat /proc/cluster/nodes shows two of the nodes with the third missing.
cat /proc/cluster/nodes on the system that lost network connectivity
shows itself in the clusterand the other two nodes missing and the
quorum is locked as well.

Can this issue be prevented when network connectivity is lost or when
that happens do I just have to reboot the system?

Jon