[Linux-cluster] installing GFS

Shuang Liang liangs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jul 7 01:53:25 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I am trying to install GFS on 3 cluster nodes with  redhat
linux-2.6.9-5EL using gnbd. I met with some problems the mount, which says
"# mount -t gfs /dev/gnbd0 /mnt/gfs/
mount: Connection refused"

I have tried the installation with different order and configuration all
end up with this error, hope sb can help solve this puzzle. Here are
some step I have taken:
1.Insert gfs-lock and gfs kernel modules at the GFS node.
   Insert gnbd module at GFS node
2. run gnbd_serv -n at GNBD server;
    ./gnbd_export -d /dev/hda8 -e mygnbd -c
3. ./gnbd_import -i k35-as4 -n at GFS node
4.  Now I want to create logic volume at GFS node: it failed saying
   [root at k32-as4 sbin]# pvcreate /dev/gnbd0
   Device /dev/gnbd0 not found.

So I choose to do the logic volume stuff at the GNBD server side and
gfs_mkfs at the GFS side, it succeeded. But it fails again when mounting.
Then I tried to mkfs at GNBD server and mount directly through gnbd
device, same error again.

So I am wondering what should be the correct configuration trick.

Thanks for reading this far!