[Linux-cluster] HELP! Diapered block device

Jon Scottorn jscottorn at possibilityforge.com
Thu Jul 7 16:17:46 UTC 2005

Ok, so I am rerunning gfs_fsck again.  I have everything unmounted and
the storage server not even in the cluster.  It has been running now for
30 mins again and it gets to this point and just doesn't look like it is
doing anything.  This is where is stayed after running it for 24 hours
yesterday:  Here is what the verbose output from gfs_fsck:

Initializing fsck
Initializing lists...
Initializing special inodes...
Setting block ranges...
Creating a block list of size 183146926...
Clearing journals (this may take a while)
Clearing journal 0
Clearing journal 1
Clearing journal 2
Clearing journal 3
Cleared journals
Starting pass1
Checking metadata in Resource Group 0
Checking metadata in Resource Group 1
Checking metadata in Resource Group 2
Checking metadata in Resource Group 3

........Omitted lines for space.........................

Checking metadata in Resource Group 2790
Checking metadata in Resource Group 2791
Checking metadata in Resource Group 2792
Checking metadata in Resource Group 2793
Pass1 complete
Starting pass1b
Looking for duplicate blocks...
Found dup block at 61573000
Found dup block at 61573014
Found dup block at 61573015
Found dup block at 61573016
Found dup block at 61573017
Found dup block at 61573018
Found dup block at 61573019
Found dup block at 61573020
Found dup block at 61573021
Found dup block at 61573022
Found dup block at 61573024
Found dup block at 61573047
Found dup block at 61573048
Found dup block at 61573052
Found dup block at 61623032
Found dup block at 61623033
Found dup block at 61623034
Found dup block at 61623035
Scanning filesystem for inodes containing duplicate blocks...

Once it gets to this point it just sits there.  gfs_fsck is using 99% of
the CPU for the whole time it runs.  What else can I do to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Jon