[Linux-cluster] NFS configuration question

Birger Wathne Birger.Wathne at ift.uib.no
Tue Jul 12 08:14:11 UTC 2005

Eric Kerin wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 03:09 +0200, Birger Wathne wrote:
>
>>I did a make install and service rgmanager stop/start.
>>
>>Now, status checks seem to work. After exportfs -r all file systems
>>eventually reappear.
>>

> Good to hear that fixed the monitoring for you.

Do you want the bad news as well?

The > 14 character long export path bug is still there in the FC4 branch.
If the exported path is > 14 characters it will always fail status check and
get reexported. This is because exportfs breaks lines after the exported
path if it is long. I think exportfs shouldn't do this, but I guess the
cluster software will have to work around it.

The line that fails is:
exportfs | grep -q "^${OCF_RESKEY_path}\ .*${OCF_RESKEY_target}"

A proper fix would be a filter to remove the offending line breaks. My quick
and dirty (and far less portable) fix is to use this instead:

grep -q "^${OCF_RESKEY_path}[   ]*${OCF_RESKEY_target}(" /var/lib/nfs/etab

Note that my code is a little bit more restrictive. It makes shure the
target matches exactly, while the existing code will match if
${OFC_RESKEY_target} is a prefix, won't it? In other words, if you look for
an unqualified target and there is an export to a fully qualified host with
the same hostname (but possibly in a different domain... hard to tell) the
existing code will match. I guess there should be a '$' at the end of the
regexp.

Should I bugzilla this, or will you take it? I don't remember my user, but I
think I created one. Perhaps it's simply birger. :-)

--
birger