[Linux-cluster] kernel: CMANsendmsg failed: -101

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Mon Jul 18 17:51:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 11:26 -0400, Jeff Harr wrote:
> First of all, thanks for the reply.  I've run "service cman stop" so
> many times my fingers hurt and I've never had a problem.  I've never run
> /etc/init.d/cman stop before and its going to be difficult for me to do
> it atm.  I suppose if I run it and it outputs something dreadful then
> I've found my answer :)  Thanks for the response...at least I have
> something better than a google search to confirm the most likely
> problem.
>
> Jeff

One thing to check, make sure you have the Kill entries in the rc0 and
rc6 directories:  ls /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K??cman

Also check that cman is set to stop before the network interfaces are
taken down.  (Mine is set to stop cman at 79 and network at 90.)

If you want to reset cman's startup/shutdown scripts back to their
default settings, use "chkconfig --del cman", and then "chkconfig --add
cman".

Thanks,
Eric Kerin <eric at bootseg.com>