[Linux-cluster] cman ignores interface setting on ipv4

Olivier Crete ocrete at max-t.com
Wed Jul 20 16:29:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-20-07 at 16:55 +0100, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Olivier Crete wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The current ipv4 code in the stable branch for cman completely ignores
> > the interface="" attribute for multicast. I've attached a minimal patch
> > that fixes that.
> >
> > I've only done minimal testing (ie it works here).. it will probably
> > break if there is no interface set, etc.. Have fun ;)
> >

> Thanks for the patch, I'll get it integrated.

Make sure it doesnt break in the case where the interface isnt
specified.. I didn't test that case.

> Multicast should (well, does for me!) work anyway provided you only use one
> interface and it matches the host name - which it always should all you'll run
> into other problems.
>
> Were you actually having problems with it without the patch ?

Yes, our nodes are linked using two different networks, a management
network (Ethernet) and a cluster interconnect (myrinet).. and I want the
heartbeat stuff to happen over myrinet (this is what our application
uses).. But the hostname of the nodes resolves to the ip of the Ethernet
card.

--
Olivier Crête
ocrete at max-t.com