[Linux-cluster] kernel: CMANsendmsg failed: -101

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 17:02:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 17:19 -0400, Jeff Harr wrote:
> Ok, that fixed it.  Actually, stopping acpid caused the system to never
> receive any power off message.  But you got me on the right track of
> thinking and I modified the config file to read "poweroff -f" and now it
> turns off.  It turns back on too, but I think that's because of ILO's
> autoboot setting, and beyond the control of redhat cluster :)
>
> Lon: you are THE MAN.
> Everyone: I appreciate all the help.

Eeeeek! :)

Try adding "acpi=off" to the kernel command line and rebooting.  I
wouldn't recommend relying on an evicted node to have ACPID operating
properly.  For now, it's probably fine, though... ;)

Basically, the power button should really be a power button -- not a
soft-power-button.  Some BIOSes allow you to toggle whether it's a "soft
power" or "hard power".

-- Lon